Student Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate skills for functional and artistic self-expression at the appropriate level and demonstrate the ability to perform a cross-section of repertoire.
2. Demonstrate functional keyboard skills to support musicianship at the appropriate level.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the common elements and organizational patterns of music and their aural and verbal analysis and a functional understanding of musical forms, processes, and structures.
4. Demonstrate the ability to complete aural dictation at the appropriate level.
5. Demonstrate growth in artistry and technical skills in an ensemble setting and collaborative competency and knowledge of ensemble repertoire.
6. Demonstrate a functional knowledge of music history and repertoire through the present time, including the study and experience of musical languages and cultures.
7. Demonstrate knowledge and skills sufficient to work as a leader, and in collaboration, on matters of musical interpretation.
8. Demonstrate ability to solve technical and artistic problems while preparing recorded products for various purposes/settings and fundamental knowledge of recording equipment and their proper use in applicable recording situations.
9. Demonstrate the application of acoustical knowledge, the related scientific aspects of sound, and electrical manipulation of sounds in applicable recording situations and acquired aural skills while making accurate and viable decisions associated with the proper application and use of recording equipment in applicable situations.
10. Demonstrate ability to solve technical and artistic problems while preparing recorded products for various purposes/settings.
11. Demonstrate the ability to develop professional-quality recordings from concept, to technical production and artistic process, to finished product.